UPDATE: Every Wildwood TV Lift Bed purchased after 01/31/2021 includes our SureSupport Bed Frame™, making a separate bed frame unnecessary. If you have a bed frame that you would like to use, it will still work within any of our TV Beds. This includes nearly any standard sized bed frames or adjustable base. In most instances, a box spring will still be needed. If you choose to upgrade to our captain’s bed base you will not need any kind of bed frame or box spring.
Unless you purchase the captain’s bed option, your TV bed will not automatically include any form of mattress support. If you do not have a bed frame, adjustable base, or another form of mattress support, you can select one from our line below. Our line of bed frames has been carefully created to offer high-quality mattress support options for any use. We go to incredible lengths to build our furniture from the best materials and with the best construction methods, so it wouldn’t make sense to pair your TV bed with a cheap frame.
Mattress Support Options
Why is a Bed Frame Separate From my TV Bed?
Our TV beds are built to surround any standard bed frame or adjustable base. When you purchase a TV bed, it will include a TV lift footboard, a headboard, and side rails. The side rails are not designed to be load-bearing, and instead perform two functions: 1. They support the headboard and TV lift footboard, 2. they cover up the metal components of a bed frame or adjustable base system. There are many reasons we don’t include any kind of mattress support system with a standard TV bed, here are the main ones:
- We want our customers to have full control over the comfort of their beds. A key player in your bed’s comfort is your bed frame. If you want your mattress to be taller, shorter, adjustable, etc. you need to be able to control the bed frame. People are picky about their beds and the last thing we want to do is come between a person and their sleep.
- Movement isolation. If your TV lift footboard is attached to your bed frame, when you are watching TV it is possible for your movement on your bed to cause your TV to wiggle. Having a bed frame separate from the TV bed allows the movement to be isolated to your mattress and bed frame, leaving your TV bed independent.
- We don’t want you to have to buy a new bed frame. Most of our customers are upgrading an existing bed. As such, most already have a mattress support of some kind. Since we build our TV beds to integrate with any standard bed frame, we want you to be able to continue using your frame if you have one.
The Basic Bed Frame
- Lifetime warranty
- Recessed legs to hide frame</>
- Heavy-duty steel construction with double center support
- Adjusts to full, queen, or king mattresses
Nobody likes to see the the metal legs or wheels on a traditional Hollywood bed frame. It takes a beautiful bed and cheapens it instantly. That’s why we hand-selected this bed frame. The recessed legs hide neatly underneath your mattress and the metal support rails hide perfectly behind your TV bed’s side rails. The basic bed frame also has heavy-duty double center support rails to ensure a lifetime of stability.
A box spring is required with the basic bed frame.
The Platform Bed Frame
$189.00 – $285.00
- Lifetime warranty
- No box spring required
- Heavy-duty steel construction guarantees quiet, solid frame
- 5 minute setup, no tools required
The Platform Bed Frame is everything you would want in a bed frame. It is sturdy, simple to set up, and doesn’t even require a box spring. The platform bed frame also opens up the space beneath your mattress for storage. With a weight limit of 2,500 lbs. you’ll never need a bed frame sturdier than this.
The Adjustable Base
$799.00 – $1,599.00
- Three preset positions: Zero gravity, anti-snore, and flat
- Head and foot incline operate independently
- Wireless remote control
- 10 minute setup, no tools required
An adjustable base will transform your TV bed into the epitome of comfort and functionality. The head and foot panels adjust independently from each other, allowing you limitless custom positions. Additionally, it comes with three preset positions on the remote. Lastly, the adjustable base is truly zero-clearance, meaning you can fully remove the legs to place it on our captain’s TV bed as well. Truthfully the full experience, you will be blown away at the comfort and functionality of a TV bed with our adjustable base.
King vs. Split King Adjustable Bases
If you are interested in a king size adjustable base with your TV bed, there are a couple of options to know about: king or split king. A split king adjustable base is actually a combination of two individual twin XL bases which are pushed together. This allows either side of the bed to be adjusted independently. However, you will need two individual twin XL mattresses for this option to function properly.
A king size adjustable base is a solid unit that rises and lowers as one. With this option, a standard king size mattress will work fine.